About Make Life Easier Organising
Hello! I'm Leah.
Founder of Make Life Easier Organising.
I help people struggling with overwhelm and clutter to develop a vision of an easier home life, declutter, and set up systems that work.
You know, when I set up my business in 2016, there was a rise of women's marches.
I could feel this rising energy bringing optimism and community and taking a stand around the world.
I could see greater insights into masculine and feminine energy and appreciation for the role both have to play.
I had heard words like collaboration, partnership, and co-creation being included in philosophies and approaches.
I felt totally inspired by it and wanted in some way to be a part of it.
I decided that I could help by resolving persistent issues with clutter and disorganisation in the home that keep particularly women occupied, stressed, and exhausted.
If I could help to free up some time and energy that would otherwise have been devoted to navigating clutter and disorganisation, you could be more involved in your communities.
You could be active.
You could have a voice.
You could take a stand.
You could effect change.
What makes life easier?
Having less stuff
Being surrounded by joy
Understanding what you want from life
Having room for growth
Are you with me?
I have always enjoyed organising in my working life, where I have worked in administration and management and focused on processes and systems.
Add to that learning from life such as moving house every year in my 20s (including living in London and doing lots of travel).
I grew up in Melbourne as the third of five children so I know what it's like as a big household with working parents and kids doing after school and weekend activities.
I've coordinated projects at home too. My husband and I have been lucky enough to renovate our house that was built in the 1980s. I have coordinated the kitchen renovation, and the demolition and construction of a colorbond patio.
Having a baby girl in 2012 has been a crash course in babyproofing and organising with kids.
What are you looking for in a Professional Organiser?
- I had Professional Organiser Training in May 2016 through Angela Esnouf at Creating Order From Chaos.
- I am a known industry member (was a member of the Australasian Association of Professional Organisers before it wound up in 2017)
- I have a current Working With Children Check.
- Focus on what you love. Sometimes we forget about that when all we see is what we don't love.
- Use the resources you have on hand to create structures, not make you buy lots of containers (where practical).
- Encourage sustainable waste management. This means not overloading yourself with fixer-uppers, not overloading charities with clothes that are not in a fit condition to buy, and recognising where too much is coming in so you can take action.
"Leah Fry has been helping me de-clutter and organise my house. When she came over this morning she found a house in chaos, everyone in pyjamas and me bleary- eyed from little sleep. Leah has been re-organising my kitchen cupboards, drawers and pantry. I just wanted to show her that she inspired me to push through the pain barrier and have a clean and tidy dining table.
Thank you Leah!"
4 October 2016, Sarah, Balnarring
Interested in finding out more?
I send a newsletter roughly once a month and I share with you
- a little about me
- a tip
- something fun
- a blog post or freebie
- special subscriber offers
I know what it's like when your inbox is filling up so I don't spam, and I focus on what's valuable to you.