I asked the question on my Facebook page in March: what do you think stops you from feeling more organised? I had responses around having more to do than is manageable with how much time you have in the day.
Are you saying to yourself I don't have enough time to do everything I want?
I made this video to share a few ideas on what you can do if you're in this situation, or if you're short on time (and that's why you're here, right?), you can read the key points below the video.
For those who prefer to read, here are the key points.
- Having more to do than you have time to do it can be a sign of expansion. Your life grows as you take on more responsibility such as a house, a pet, relationships, when you're caring for someone.
- Figure out which bits you like doing versus which bits you don't like doing.
- Look at cost effective ways of outsourcing what you don't like doing. Eg. a cleaner, online grocery shopping.
- Get systems in place so that everyone knows what they're doing and how they're doing it. Document what you do so that it's easier when it comes to getting help for it. This is what you do in a business and it can be applied to home too.
- Make sure you're doing things as efficiently as possible.
- Think about your role as a growing leader in your family. Set the example, set the vision, focus on what makes you happy.
What have you taken from this post? Can you see anything that you can use to change your situation?
If you're struggling and are interested in more tips, pop your email address in below to receive my newsletter. I'd love to have you with me!